It's here, BricsCAD V13 for Windows®. This release further extends the BricsCAD software with new 2D features and with assembly modeling for the mechanical CAD market.
New functionality in BricsCAD V13 includes:
- Assembly Modeling to model complex products, building on the 3D direct modeling and constraints functionality of V12:
- Organization of .dwg files in hierarchical structures of mechanical components
- Top-level or bottom-level components used in the drawing are automatically generated and updated in the Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Assembly Constraints allow for the addition of 3D constraints between faces and edges of different mechanical components
- Kinematic Analysis allows for moving or rotating parts of a model to solve real-time forward and inverse kinematic problems
- A series of new commands, functions, dialogs and features for improved 2D drafting, including sheet set manager, array dialog, several printing extensions including background printing, autocomplete for the command line, support for multi-lines including snapping and grip-editing, the worksets command for working with named groups of drawings, and the use of expressions to define 2D constraint dimensions
- The Powerdimensions module to add extra functionality for dimensioning 2D Mechanical CAD drawings
- Support for multithreaded display generation, an important step forward for actual as well as future performance improvements
The English language versions of the BricsCAD V13 software, including the no charge 30 day trial version, are available for immediate delivery, and can be downloaded from the Bricsys website. Translated versions will be made available over the coming weeks.
More information on www.bricsys.com.