In this series, you will learn how to work with CAD by following easy projects. Use only simple commands to build almost anything! Today, learn how to make a tasty looking 3D model bar of chocolate in BricsCAD®.
3D Model a Bar of Chocolate in BricsCAD
Time to complete: 5-10 minutes
How to make a 3D model of a bar of chocolate in BricsCAD:
- Begin with the Box command. 10x10x2mm
- Offset the top face. 1mm
- Extrude at an angle. 3mm 15°
- Union the two solids.
- Fillet the edges.
- Copy your logo/design or draw your own with a Polygon or Spline.
- Use the Manipulator to move it into position.
- Scale with the Reference mode.
- Extrude down into the block. 1mm
- Delete any remaining 2D entities.
- Add Materials.
- Array with the Rectangle mode. Row = 10, 10mm. Col = 4, 10mm.
- Edit the Array. Hold Ctrl when hovering over a block and select the command from the Quad, as required.
- Explode the Array.
- Union the blocks.
The final result should be a 3D model of a bar of chocolate that looks something like this. Yummy!:
Enjoy this project?
Get started with BricsCAD
Permanent or subscription licenses that work in all languages, in all regions.