“Why should we consider BricsCAD for our Company?”
I get this question a lot, so it seems fitting to start our Q&A series with it. But there’s not just one reason you should consider BricsCAD – there are many. I’ll start with my favorite 7 reasons to move to BricsCAD:
1. BricsCAD offers innovative AI/machine learning tools like BLOCKIFY and PARAMETRIZE to speed your workflows
BricsCAD® isn’t a clone – it’s a rapidly evolving, powerful CAD platform with features the competition simply doesn’t have. Check out these examples from Heidi Hewett’s Blog entries:
2. BricsCAD delivers an IT-friendly, compact deployment – the installer is approximately 355MB – and all product versions are contained in this single installer
No more downloading 8 different, huge installation packages. Just download the one installer and the correct version will be authorized based on your license key. Simple and fast.
3. BricsCAD offers fairly-priced perpetual licenses – or you can rent BricsCAD if you wish
- All-In Maintenance keeps you up to date with the latest releases
- Licenses work anywhere on Earth with no cost uplift
- BricsCAD® offers network and volume licensing, too
- Licenses work on any of 15 language versions
- And allow two activations – e.g. a desktop and a laptop
Get perpetual licenses or rent if it makes sense for you. The point is – it’s YOUR choice!
4. BricsCAD supports multi-threaded, multi-processor operations to speed product performance
The bit coded MTFLAGS system variable allows highly specific control over parallel tasking performance. With multi-threading, BricsCAD® can take real advantage of multi-core CPUs.
5. BricsCAD reads and writes 2018 .dwg with superb fidelity
And BricsCAD BIM, along with BricsCAD® Mechanical, store all data in .dwg files as well.
6. BricsCAD is highly compatible with the industry-leading CAD program
- It’s command compatible
- It’s menu (.CUI) compatible
- It’s macro/script compatible
- It’s support file (.PC3, .LIN, .PAT, .DWT, .SSM) compatible
If you know AutoCAD®, you can learn BricsCAD® in an hour
You won’t have to change your standard printers, templates, blocks or sheet sets to adopt BricsCAD® – use them just like you normally would.
7. BricsCAD offers a full Visual LISP API in all editions – Classic, Pro & Platinum
You won’t have to abandon your customized LISP routines to adopt BricsCAD® – just load them in using APPLOAD or the ON_START.LSP file and you’re good to go.
Don’t Take My Word for It!
Try BricsCAD for yourself, free for 30 days and see what you like most about using BricsCAD®. And if you have any questions please email me, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post your comments below, so I can answer them in a future blog post.