In this series, you will learn how to work with CAD by following easy projects. Use only simple commands to build almost anything! For this tutorial, learn how to make a chess set.
How to Model a Chess Set
Time to complete: 1-2 Hours
Tutorial: Model a Chess Set in BricsCAD
- Start by drawing the outline of half a Pawn.
Tip Use use polylines when possible.
- Then, Trim the excess linework and Join to create a closed polygon.
- Use the Manipulator to copy the outline.
- Use these copies as a guide and modify until you have something that looks like this:
- Use DmRevolve to convert the outline into a solid.
- Repeat for the other pieces. You should now have something that looks like this:
- Create the slot on the Bishop:
- To create the battlements on the Rook:
- To create the Knight:
- For the Queen:
- For the King:
- (Optional) To finish, add materials and render with the BricsCAD Enscape Integration.
Get started with this model chess set tutorial in BricsCAD
Permanent or subscription licenses that work in all languages, in all regions.