If you download a BricsCAD trial, you will notice that you automatically have access to BricsCAD Ultimate, free for 30-days. But BricsCAD comes in many different versions. So, before you make a purchase, you might want to test out a few versions and see which works best for you. To do this you’ll need to us the RunAsLevel command.
What is the RunAsLevel command?
RunAsLevel command allows you to run different BricsCAD trial versions:
- Classic – runs BricsCAD Classic, without the commands exclusive to the Pro, Platinum, BIM and Mechanical.
- Pro – runs BricsCAD Pro, without the commands exclusive to the Platinum, Mechanical and BIM.
- Platinum – runs BricsCAD Platinum without the commands exclusive to the Mechanical and BIM.
- Mechanical – runs BricsCAD Mechanical without the commands exclusive to BIM.
- BIM – runs BricsCAD BIM without the commands exclusive to Mechanical.
- Ultimate – runs BricsCAD Ultimate with all the commands for Platinum, BIM and Mechanical.
Learn more about BricsCAD versions.
How do I run BricsCAD in a different trial version?
- Enter RunAsLevel into the command line. The following text will appear:
Change license level for product [BricsCAD/Communicator] <BricsCAD>:
- Enter BricsCAD or click BricsCAD. The following text will appear:
Run BricsCAD as [Classic/Pro/PLatinum/Bim/Mechanical/Ultimate] <Ultimate>:
- Enter the version you want to use and hit Enter or select a version from the list.
- Restart BricsCAD to apply the changes.
You will now be able to use BricsCAD as the selected license.
Note: You can also use this command to turn the Communicator For BricsCAD on or off.
What happens when my 30-day Trial Ends?
Once your 30-day trial is over, BricsCAD reverts to BricsCAD Shape. You can use this free, without a subscription or a license key.
The RunAsLevel command name is identical, in name, to the RunAsLevel user preference name (in the English version). As a result, you cannot set the value of the RunAsLevel user preference in the command line.
If you use RunAsLevel command on a licensed version of BricsCAD and the license level is lower than that requested, the command will not work.
Get started with BricsCAD
Permanent or subscription licenses that work in all languages, in all regions.