Did you know that you can use smart filters to compose a selection set in BricsCAD®? Use Quick Select to locate entities, based on properties, quickly and efficiently.
What is Quick Select?
Use Quick Select to filter entities by property; entity type, color, line type, layer, length, etc. It’s really handy for say, locating 0 length lines, finding exploded blocks or selecting all entities with the same material.
Use Quick Select to search the entire drawing or to search only a select set of entities.
Once you have specified your filter, you can choose to select all matching entities. If you already have entities selected you can choose to add the matching entities to the current selection or remove them from the current selection.
Use smart filters to compose a selection set
Quick Select allows you to filter entities by their properties; entity type, color, line type, etc. You can then create a “selection set” based on these properties.
Start Quick Select
In BricsCAD the Quick Select tool is integrated into the Properties panel. Click the Quick Select button (it looks like a filter) to switch between Properties mode and Quick Select mode.
Apply a filter
To filter by entity type, click the Selection List button. A drop-down list of all the entity types in the current drawing (or the current selection set) will display. The number of each entity type is also displayed in parentheses. Select an entity type from the list to apply the filter.
Using the panel boxes, you can also filter on criteria such as layer, color and length.
Quick Select Modes
Once you have applied the filter, you can choose to add the filtered entities to the current selection set, remove the matching entities from the current selection or create a new selection set.
Note: The panel does not open when the drawing contains no entities or all layers are frozen.
Transform 2D entities with BricsCAD®
Permanent or subscription licenses that work in all languages, in all regions.
More Tuesday Tips:
- BricsCAD Trial Versions
- Glossary of CAD terms
- Reduce your work time with The Quad
- Save time with Propagate
- Edit polylines in BricsCAD
- Converting to .dwg
- 11 – ways to draw a square in BricsCAD
- A quick guide to DXF
- Solids, Surfaces, and Meshes
- Callouts, leader lines & balloons
- Automate Technical Drawing
- Orthographic Drawing from a 3D Model in 20 Seconds
- ‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-dll’ Error while starting BricsCAD
- Everything you need to know about Render Materials in BricsCAD
- Transform 2D Entities with Stretch
- Move, Edit and Change Entities at Hyper Speed with BricsCAD
- The BricsCAD® Hotkey Assistant & Tips Panel
- OSnap, Temporary Tracking & 3D Snaps
- Quick Select