If you’re looking to transform 2D entities in a nonuniform manner then you need Stretch.
Use it to change the size, shape and non-uniform deform 2D entities.
To stretch entities
- Access the stretch command.
- Select the portion of the 2D entities to move.
- Select a base point and an endpoint.
The selection is stretched.
Note: To add or remove entities from the selection you can use any selection method: picking, window inside or crossing window.
Warning: This command only works in 2D.
Get a Grip
The stretch command isn’t the only way to change the shape of a 2D entity, you can also manipulate entities using grips.
- Click the entity you want to modify. The entity grips display.
- Click a grip to activate it. The grip will change color.
Tip You can change the color of grips in the settings dialog.
- Press and hold the Shift key to select multiple grips.
- Release the Shift key and move one of the selected grips.
Tip This also works in 3D.
Transform 2D entities with BricsCAD®
Permanent or subscription licenses that work in all languages, in all regions.
More Tuesday Tips:
- BricsCAD Trial Versions
- Glossary of CAD terms
- Reduce your work time with The Quad
- Save time with Propagate
- Edit polylines in BricsCAD
- Converting to .dwg
- 11 – ways to draw a square in BricsCAD
- A quick guide to DXF
- Solids, Surfaces, and Meshes
- Callouts, leader lines & balloons
- Automate Technical Drawing
- Orthographic Drawing from a 3D Model in 20 Seconds
- ‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-dll’ Error while starting BricsCAD
- Everything you need to know about Render Materials in BricsCAD
- Transform 2D Entities with Stretch
- Move, Edit and Change Entities at Hyper Speed with BricsCAD
- The BricsCAD® Hotkey Assistant & Tips Panel